1. Order and Checkout
2. Check Your Email
3. Upload Your Files
OUR SIMPLE ORDER PROCESS:
Please watch our video above by clicking the play button. :-)
Atomic Groove Package
Atomic Groove Package Includes
- 140g or 180g weight black vinyl record
- DMM - Direct Metal Mastering
- Side A & B mp3 proofs
- Full-color high-resolution A & B side labels
- White paper inner sleeves
- Full-color, custom digitally printed 12" vinyl jackets w/spine
- Printed on 300 GSM board stock
- Printed using green friendly ink
- Digital PDF proofs via email
- Free barcode (optional)
- Clear overwrap
- Standard turnaround 7 - 8 weeks *
- No sales tax or hidden fees :)
- No test pressings
The Atomic Groove Package is a great option for indie artists on a budget who want a high-quality, classic 12" vinyl record pressing package fast! The limited options allow us to quickly manufacture these 100 or 200 qty packages using a special pipeline that up until now has not been available. This package is a great way to get your feet wet in the vinyl arena without breaking the bank. It's perfect for limited releases and special fan club albums.
If you need more options such as colored vinyl and higher quantities, please see our other vinyl packages HERE
How Should I Prep My Graphics?
- Use our templates only and follow the listed specifications
- All artwork should be 300 dpi or higher
- All artwork should be CMYK
- Artwork templates should be on their own layers
- Embed or outline all fonts
What Is The Maximum Playtime?
- 12” VINYL MAXIMUM TIME: 23 minutes per side 33 1/3 rpm
- Best quality - up to 18 minutes per side
- OK quality - 18-21 minutes per side
- Less quality - 21-23 minutes per side
If your album is under 15 min per side we recommend manufacturing at 45 rpm for maximum sound quality.
What Audio Format Should I Submit My Audio As?
Uncompressed audio formats are preferred (WAV, AIFF, AIF) 16bit or 24bit.
Do I Need My Audio Mastered For Vinyl?
Our price already includes prepping your audio, DMM and stampers.
However, this does not include a proper mastering session specifically for vinyl, which many projects may benefit from. Vinyl records differ from CDs greatly with their reduced frequency response and susceptibility to playback issues because of too much bass and/or high end (treble). Please read our mixing recommendations below.
What Are Your Mixing Recommendations?
- Keep your bass frequencies centered (Kick, bass, low synths)
- High frequencies such as Hi-Hats, cymbals and vocal sibilance should be controlled and not too bright.
- Vocal should be properly de-essed.
How Long Until I Get My Final Product?
After we receive all of your elements (audio files, artwork) 7-8 weeks approx. Vinyl pressing turn around times are always changing. Your due date will be calculated based on current supply and demand. In general, our turn-times are some of the fastest in the industry. Try to get us all of your elements at once to expedite your order.
Sound Quality: Compact Discs vs Vinyl
There is much debate over the sound quality between vinyl records and compact discs.
On a technical level, compact discs offer many advantages over vinyl records. Compact discs yield better frequency response and a higher dynamic range resulting in a more accurate representation of what was recorded and mixed in the studio. Vinyl records can have noticeable pops, crackles and a lower signal to noise ratio. Vinyl records also have a more limited frequency response, most notably in the low end (bass), depending on the length of the material which determines the width of the “cut” or groove.
This all being said, people still love the sound and experience of vinyl records. They are tactile in your hands, have “a sound”, and offer the listener with a much better artwork experience with the oversize front and back cover.Compact Discs:
- Digital format
- Higher dynamic range
- Better frequency response
- Consistent playback quality
- More accurate representation of studio intentions
- Analog format
- Lower dynamic range
- Lower frequency response
- Crackles, pops and more noise can be apparent
- Playback quality is reflective of the turntable and stylus quality
- Has “vibe factor”. A more pleasing sound to many
Need some help designing, or perhaps just assembling the graphics for your vinyl record package? We offer two kinds of services to make sure you get what you need without paying too much.