Step By Step Instructions
1. Upload Your CD Audio for Mastering
- Preferred file types: WAV, AIF, AIFF (all other file types such as MP3, FLAC, M4A will be converted)
- Any bit rate is acceptable
- For the best result, make sure your file types match your original recording settings. For example, if you recorded at 24-bit, 44.1 kHz, then provide your files at those specs.
- If you prefer to mail us a hard drive, thumb drive or data CD/DVD containing your files, please see the address below and mark your shipment with your order number
2. Upload Your Vinyl Audio for Mastering
AUDIO FILE SPECS:
- 33 1/3 rpm 12” Vinyl - Maximum Time: 23 minutes per side
- 45 rpm 12” Vinyl - Maximum Time: 15 minutes per side
- Preferred audio file types: 16-bit or 24-bit WAV, AIF or AIFF
- Other acceptable audio file types: AAC, FLAC, MP3, M4A, physical CD master mailed to us
3. Upload Your Images and Tell Us About Your Artwork
GRAPHIC DESIGN INSTRUCTIONS:
Fill out the Graphic Design Form to:
- Upload the images you want us to use *
- Type out the text you want us to put on each panel of your CD package
- Give us directions about color preferences, style, placements of elements, text alignment, etc.
- Let us know if you have any font preferences
* Images should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Dots per inch, or dpi is how the resolution of digital images are measured. Imagine that there are tiny dots of ink on the paper. The more dots per inch you can have, the more detailed and clear your images will be. Low resolution files tend to print blurry or pixilated.
Please make sure your document settings and scanner settings are set to at least 300 dpi (sometimes referred to as ppi 'pixels per inch') to get your graphics looking as good as possible. We cannot make your images higher resolution than the original files you send us.
Please fill out one form for each package you've ordered graphic design for. Once you complete one form, simply refresh the page and fill out the form again.GRAPHIC DESIGN FORM
4. Proofing & Time Estimates
We will email you your mastered tracks within 5-10 business days.
If you selected the "Insert CD Text" option, we will embed the Project Title, Artist/Band Name, and the Titles provided EXACTLY the way you submitted your information on the mastering form.
Mastering needs to be approved before we proceed to manufacture test pressings.
We will lay out your graphics and send you .pdf proofs via email within 2-3 business days. You will have to reply to those emails saying you approve before we start production. If you need us to make changes to your files after seeing your proofs, please let us know by replying to said emails.
Production Time and Ship Date
Once we receive your art and mastering approval, we will start production and email you an estimated ship date. We will email you again with a tracking number as soon as the shipping label has been generated.
Vinyl production times are estimated between 8 and 16 weeks. Production times for vinyl are not guaranteed due to the fluctuating demand and delicate manufacturing process. You are welcome to call us at (503) 610-2929 any time during your order process to get updates. We thank you for choosing us!
A link to this page was emailed to you once you placed your order.
If you wish to mail us your files on a CD, DVD, USB or hard drive, please write your order number on it and send to:
Atomic Disc LLC | 1288 Liberty St. NE | Suite 170 | Salem, OR 97301